The Deacon 84 skis as well on icy slopes as on fresh snow, bringing a smile to the face of experienced skiers. The integrated Titanal Frame delivers power and stability, the new LowRide XL binding with GripWalk allows great power transfer due to the extra low stand height. The ski comes with Full Sidewall and a P-Tex 4504 base. The 3D.Ridge construction, with Titanal Frame combined with 3D.Glass and Tip & Tail rocker also increases the power transfer and higher torsional stiffnes, an improved edge grip and better liveliness. The new 3D radius sidecut technology lifts the carving performance of the ski into another dimension. The ideal on-piste carver for changing snow conditions.
3D.GLASS: 3D.GLASS is Völkl’s development to furthermore improve overall ski performance and stability even in critical snow conditions.
- Compared to classic glass constructions the three-dimensional and multiple-folded glass layers in the tip and in the tail area result in an increased edge grip and a more vivid rebound behavior in turns.
3D RADIUS SIDECUT: Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all mountain skiing
- IPT LOWRIDE XL: Especially for wider skis: 10 mm lower stand height for increased agility and better edge grip
3D FULL SENSOR WOODCORE: A very dynamic woodcore with a combination of hard wood, poplar, beech and isocore in the center and an super light hard wood poplar mix in the outer areas. The 3D Full Sensor Woodcore can be found in the Deacon V.Werks, Deacon 84 & Deacon 80.
3D.RIDGE: Central Woodcore Ridge with superslim wings to significantly reduce weight and swing weight and keep the stability where necessary.
- Volkl's 3D.Ridge technology - is probably the most extreme and effective construction technique that currently exists. It has become a symbol of VÖLKL lightweight construction. The distinctive characteristic of this technology is a raised central ridge that sharply levels out towards the edges, both in front of and behind the binding. This reduces the inertial mass around the fulcrum to a minimum and significantly enhances the agility of the ski. At the same time, the center ridge allows for a precise dimensioning of the hardness distribution, which leads to an especially harmonious flex on the ski. Despite the weight savings, the 3D.Ridge ensures that there are no compromises in the ski‘s durability and elasticity.
- HARD SNOW PERFORMANCE: 6/10
- ALL CONDITIONS PERFORMANCE: 10/10
- LONG TURN DYNAMICS: 9/10
- SHORT TURN AGILITY: 7/10
- SKIER LEVEL: 9/10
- POWDER PERFORMANCE: 2/10
- ROCKER: XTD Tip & Tail Rocker
- CORE: 3D Full Sensor Woodcore, Poplar/Beech
- BASE: P-Tex 4504
- RECOMMENDED BINDING: Lowride XL 13 FR Demo GW
- SKIING LEVEL: Advanced, Professional
- Volkl Item #: 120221