Planning a ski or snowboard adventure? Whether you are a newbie or die-hard, you'll want to have this checklist handy.
If you don't know where to start or need to check a few things off your list, stop in one of our stores and chat with an experienced team member. They will direct you to the right gear you need for the ultimate adventure.
Lift tickets purchased, cabin booked, and you're ready to rip. But wait! You don't want to leave home without these essential items:
- Gloves or Mittens - being cold is the quickest way to ruin the day. A simple way to maximize your lift ticket dollars is to purchase gear that will keep you warm and comfortable. Waterproof and insulated gloves or mittens are essential when spending the day outside in cold temperatures.
- Jacket and Pants - the weather can fluctuate and turn on a dime during the winter months. Be prepared. Look for these three things when shopping for jackets and pants: waterproof, breathability, and insulation. That way, you will stay warm, dry, and comfortable for anything Mother Nature throws your way. Checkout some of our early arrivals from Obermeyer.
- Base and Mid-Layers - what you wear on the inside is just as important as what you wear on the outside. Base and mid-layers will help you stay cozy and wick away any perspiration buildup while you're out crushing it on the slopes. Note: steer clear of cotton! Always go for wool, synthetic, or silk materials that are not water absorbent. Picks from the pros: we love Kari Traa and Arc'Teryx base layers. If there is an extra nip in the air, add a mid-layer such as a fleece or sweater for extra warmth.
- Goggles - cue Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light." Goggles will protect your eyesight against harsh winter conditions. Bonus points for whoever rocks the best goggle tan line! There are a number of brands and styles to explore when goggle shopping. Shop in-store or select styles online to find the goggle that suits your style.
- Helmet - do yourself a HUGE favor and protect your melon. The mountain can be an unpredictable place, and accidents occur when you least expect it. A helmet might be one of, if not the most, essential items to check off your list before going out. We are all here for a good time, so be safe out there! Plus, helmets are just another way to personalize your style. Slap a few stickers on and tell your story. Anon, Smith, and Giro are a few name brands to look out for in-stores. Smith helmets are available online.
- Neck tube or neck warmer - although we love the look of a frosty beard, neck warmers and neck tubes are a small thing you can add to your list that will make the day even more enjoyable. Blackstrap designs cozy neck tubes with cool designs. Side note: they make goggle covers too! Available for purchase in-store.
The bottom line is snow is coming, and you know what that means... SKI SEASON IS ALMOST HERE! Whether you're upgrading your get-up or new to the scene, Boyne Country Sports is your one-stop shop for all the gear you need for the perfect ski or snowboard adventure.
Shop Boyne Country Sports online or at one of our seven locations here in Michigan. Tag us on social for a feature!
Ski you out there!